Saturday, June 27, 2009

Men of God
Matt Phillips (my best friend) and my cousin (Ryan Lovelace) ventured out to the mountains this weekend to encourage one another to be strong in the Lord. Matt and I call each other by other names; Matt is David and I am Jonathan.  We have such a strong brotherhood relationship that we chose to use these names; it is the strength of love that David and Jonathan had as close friends that we share. This weekend provided the opportunity to welcome Ryan to join us in our walk with God. We discussed what it is to be a man of God while hiking, fishing, cliff diving, and just drinking coffee by the fire. We wrote each other letters of encouragement and read them aloud around the campfire. What an awesome weekend to experience God. It was majestic to experience the stars at night without city light interference. Thank you David and Ryan-My brothers in arms- for this adventure/experience.

No comments: